We regularly deal with disputes in the following areas:
Actions against Defaulting Tenants
- Recovery of rent arrears
- Service of notices on assured shorthold tenants
- Possession actions
- Actions for breach of covenants
- Service of section 146 notices
- Forfeiture actions
- Insolvency claims
Property Management issues
- Advice on service charge arrears and collection
- Interpretation and construction of lease covenants
- Change of management companies
- Consents to assignments/sub lettings
- Interpretation and enforcement of restrictive covenants
End of Lease
- Dilapidation claims
- Section 25 notices
- Business lease renewals
- Interim rent applications
Other Property Claims
- Squatters’ claims
- Adverse possession
- Boundary disputes
- Rights of way
- Enforcement of easements
- Party Wall Disputes
Examples of recent cases:-
- A successful defence of a claim for specific performance and the return of a deposit following the failure of a purchaser to complete the purchase of a residential property following the service of the Notice to Complete.
- Successfully defending a property developer from an action by his neighbour for alleged breach of restrictive covenant, nuisance and alleged trespass.
- Obtaining the release of a restrictive covenant which would have frustrated a client’s plans to convert his property into three flats.
- Obtaining the grant of an overriding lease so that a client could regain control and possession of his property.
- Resisting an application by a neighbouring developer to claim the removal of a right of way.
- Acting for a Premiership footballer with regard to a claim for rescission based on misrepresentation in relation to the purchase of his home.
For further information please telephone;
Alan Dixon on 020 7549 7895 or by email email@example.com