We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our complaints procedure
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details.
What will happen next?
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of us receiving the complaint, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
2. We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our Client Care Partner, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you and then contact you by telephone to discuss the matter.
3. If appropriate, the Client Care Partner will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. He will do this within fourteen days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
4. Within five days of the meeting, the Client Care Partner will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you.
5. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible to have a meeting, the Client Care Partner will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his suggestions for resolving the matter, within twenty one days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
6. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for your Client Partner, or another Partner, to review the decision.
7. We will write to you within fourteen days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman at P.O. Box 6806 Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ about your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of the date of our final decision on your complaint but for further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman (0300 555 0333 or refer to www.legalombudsman.org.uk
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why
This Policy is reviewed annually to verify it is in effective operation across the practice.
The Partner responsible for this Policy is Alan Dixon.