Our team of litigation lawyers have extensive experience of private and commercial issues. We take a pragmatic and robust approach in protecting and preserving your interests. Establishing clear objectives is the key to successful litigation. No one entertains the prospect of litigation lightly and our experience and tenacity will ensure our work meets the challenge of any particular dispute. We will advise and assist you on the best course of action whether you are pursuing or defending a claim.
For clients involved in litigation matters the following are just some of the areas we cover:-
- Beneficiary Claims
- Breach of contract claims
- Breach of Trust
- Commercial disputes
- Company disputes
- Debt and asset recovery
- Defective Goods and services
- Freezing Orders
- Insurance claims
- Professional negligence claims
- Shareholder and partnership disputes
Examples of recent cases:
- A partnership action raising a difficult limitation point as a result of a husband’s death and a failure to draw up any termination accounts on the ending of the Partnership on death. We were successful in resisting a counterclaim because it was statute barred. An appeal is pending in the Court of Appeal.
- Successfully defending a claim by an Estate Agent for substantial fees on the basis of the failure to comply with the statutory requirements under the Estate Agents Act and regulations.
- Successful opposition of claim by a Local Authority for breaches of Health and Safety legislation.
- Resisting an application by a Trustee in Bankruptcy for an order for possession and sale of a jointly owned property occupied by the bankrupt’s spouse.
- Dealing with an application for transfer of employees under the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006 (TUPE) for a large removal company.
- Breach of contract claim in excess of £1 million relating to defective flooring in a substantial warehouse and showroom premises.
For further information please telephone;
Jeremy Kleinfeld on 020 7549 7894 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org