Our team of litigation lawyers has extensive experience of private and commercial issues. We take a pragmatic and robust approach in protecting and preserving your interests.
Establishing clear objectives is the key to successful litigation. No one entertains the prospect of litigation lightly and our experience and tenacity will ensure that our work meets the challenge of any particular dispute. We will advise you on the best course of action whether you are pursuing or defending a claim.
We cover most litigation matters, including:
- Beneficiary claims
- Breach of contract claims
- Breach of trust
- Commercial disputes
- Company disputes
- Debt and asset recovery
- Defective goods and services
- Freezing orders
- Insurance claims
- Professional negligence claims
- Shareholder and partnership disputes
Examples of recent cases
- Successfully defending a claim by an Estate Agent for substantial fees on the basis of the failure to comply with the statutory requirements under the Estate Agents Act1979.
- Successful opposition of claim by a Local Authority for breaches of Health and Safety legislation.
- Resisting an application by a Trustee in Bankruptcy for an order for possession and sale of a jointly owned property occupied by the bankrupt’s spouse.
- Breach of contract claim in excess of £1 million relating to defective flooring in a substantial warehouse and showroom premises.
- Successfully obtained the summary dismissal in the Court of Appeal of a claim for damages for breach of contract arising out of a construction dispute. The judgment considered economic loss, the relevance of the complex structure theory and the proper construction of s.3 of the Latent Damage Act 1986.
For further information please telephone Jeremy Kleinfeld on +44 20 7549 7894 or by email email@example.com