Our corporate and commercial solicitors have an excellent reputation for providing legal advice and services on a wide range of company and commercial law issues to clients in London, the UK and abroad.
We have a wealth of legal experience, representing a broad range of commercial and corporate clients across various sectors, including in particular designers, the health care sector, property developers, the waste industry and web based businesses. Our partner led corporate and commercial solicitors have the legal skills and expertise to be able to give specialist legal advice and services to entrepreneurs and companies alike throughout the life of your business: from initial startup, through the development of your business to its eventual sale.
Buying and selling a company is potentially one of the most complex and difficult transactions you will ever face. At the same time as continuing to manage the day to day running of your business you will need to be involved in the conduct of sale and purchase negotiations. You may also need to deal with a considerable volume of documentation. We understand that all of this can be stressful, resulting in a heavy demand on your time. We have the legal experience to guide you through this process removing some of the burden from your shoulders and giving you advance warning of any legal issues or problems that may arise so that you can think through your response well in advance of the problem arising.
We regularly advise and assist on the following:
- Buying and selling companies
- Company formation and company secretarial services
- Corporate governance and directors’ duties
- Insolvency issues and wrongful trading
- Management buy-outs (or buy-ins)
- Options (including executive management incentive agreements or schemes)
- Purchase by a company of its own shares
- Reduction of capital
- Reorganisations and demergers
- Shareholder agreements and articles of association
- Shareholder disputes and unfair prejudice
- Subscription agreements and investment agreements
The life blood of every business is a series of contracts creating legal relations. Sometimes they are informal and arise out of a conversation or simple exchange of letters. If the contract is important to your business you might want to make sure it is properly drafted and take advice on what ought to appear in it.
We can advise and assist you with the following kinds of documents or issues:
- Agency agreements
- Competition law
- Data Protection Act registration and compliance
- Distribution agreements
- Intellectual property, trademark assignment and licensing
- Limitation of liability
- Retention of title (Romalpa)
- Standard terms and conditions
- Supplier and customer contracts
For further information please contact Richard Baxter.