We are required to set out price and service information for dealing with immigration work.
Our immigration team is headed by our Partner, Mrs Fei Yang and assisted by trainee solicitors and paralegals. Fei has over 10 years’ experience in delivering high quality work in all matters relating to the UK immigration. The team has particular expertise in providing tailor-made immigration advice to corporate clients and high net-worth individuals.
Our current hourly rates are as follows:-
Senior Associate £300
Associate Solicitor £275
Assistant Solicitor £250
Trainee Solicitor/Paralegal £150
*All our hourly rates and professional fees exclude VAT, disbursements and fees chargeable by the Home Office.
The exact number of hours it will take depends on the circumstances in each case such as:
- The amount of supporting evidence that we need to consider;
- Which language(s) you speak; and
- Whether you are applying with other dependants.
As an example, a typical leave to remain application under the Point-Based System will normally take 15 to 30 hours to complete depending on the client’s personal circumstances and the complexity of the matter. If you are able to provide sufficient evidence at our first meeting and clearly meet the applicable immigration qualifying requirements, the cost is likely to be at the lower end of this range.
What services are included?
The work will involve:-
- discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming whether this is the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be available to you;
- giving you advice about the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria;
- if you do not fulfil certain criteria, whether this can be overcome and how;
- considering the supporting evidence you have provided;
- preparing your application and submitting it on your behalf;
- attendance at a Home Office interview: if the Home Office ask you to attend an interview, we will give you clear advice (and discuss the possibility of us attending with you) at the appropriate time; and
- giving you advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take.
The number of hours depends on the number of documents; whether they need to be translated; whether anything is missing and how long it will take to obtain the missing documents.
Disbursements and Home Office fees
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as visa fees. We may handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. Some common disbursements include but are not limited to the following:-
- Postage and courier fees
- Land registry search fees
- Company search fees
The fees quoted do not include:
- Any Home Office fees for making the application, such as the visa application fees and Immigration Health Surcharge. You will pay this to the Home Office directly as part of the application process;
- Where the Home Office refuse your application, advice and assistance in relation to any appeal.
Please note that VAT may be chargeable on certain types of disbursements such as postage and courier fees.
How long will my application take?
We cannot guarantee how long the Home Office will take to process your application.
We will normally be able to submit your application as soon as you have provided all the necessary application documents. However, the date of submission will also depend on different factors such as your preferred date of intended arrival in the UK, the date of your current visa expiry and your earliest permitted date to apply.
Please note the anticipated number of hours and fees are an estimate based on the facts above. All applications are likely to vary and of course, we can give you a more accurate estimate once we have more information about your specific case.